1. I can look at a sink full of dishes, an unmade bed, and towels hung willy-nilly and think: I’m not untidy, I’m single.
2. When I open the door to the Thai food delivery guy, I shout back into the house as if someone else is here. For example: “I got it!” or “Grab some plates”. This helps explain the enormous size of the order.
3. I can put on a nice nighty … and leave my socks on.
4. “Making the bed” means re-arranging the sheets into approximate bed shape. No tucking.
5. My most constant companion in the aforementioned bed is a book.